God's Children Sing (2.5 - 4.5 yr)
God's Children Sing is a 30-minute classes just for kids (with a few parent helpers every week). While this age group does many of the same types of activities as the Family Music class, it begins to incorporate longer discussion times, listenings, and more complex physical movements. We likewise begin the addition of more intricate rhythm and tonal patterns using drums, jingles, rattles, tambourines, bongos, rhythm sticks, sandblocks, the glockenspiel, metallophone, and resonator bars. Each child has several opportunities every semester to play fun, impromptu instrumental solos while the rest of the class sings along.
The God’s Children Sing class is a non-denominational religious curriculum in the Judeo-Christian tradition. Popular figures and themes from the Bible are the subjects of many of our songs, stories, and poems. (Students may want to enroll two times a week and do both Cycles and God’s Children Sing).
To register for this class, please go to the "Registration and Order Forms" page. Trial classes available by appointment only.
Supplemental material for God's Children Sing may be purchased using the Order Form. Please complete the Order Form and send it, along with payment, to 601 Deltino Ct., Lexington, KY 40515. Upon receipt of your order, we will contact you to confirm.
HOW WILL GOD'S CHILDREN SING BENEFIT MY CHILD?
Classroom discussions begin during this age group.
Students participate in longer focused listening activities (poems, animal sounds, and instrumental sounds) to increase memory and attention span.
Introduction of melodic instruments (glockenspiel, metallophone, and resonator bars) to learn scales, chords, and melodies of songs.
Begin to sing solos in class; this helps prevent performance anxiety later (the children are literally experiencing “success” in performance before they are old enough to be fearful of it).
This class involves more difficult fine and gross physical motor skills than in previous age groups.
Mastery of impulse control becomes more complete (students better able to follow directions and interact socially).
Cooperative learning activities are introduced (use partners for games, dances, rocking bands, hoops, etc.).
Children become more vocal, often singing in class for the first time.
Children gain independence by doing class alone, while still having their parent there periodically to help in class (this process often takes an entire year, but it is a great preparation for school).
Classroom environment prepares children for preschool and grade school by learning to follow directions and listen to a teacher.
Teaches children values and morals at an early age.
Storytelling in class used to improve memory, attention span, moral development, and language/speech development.
Non-denominational religious curriculum in the Judeo-Christian tradition.
Creates a warm, loving environment of faith.
Lets children participate in the worship community.
Music education integrated with religious education.
Covers principles and themes from the Old and New Testaments.
Learning and repeating prayers, fingerplays, and poetry promotes language development.
Promotes spiritual development by helping internalize prayers and stories from the Bible.
Promotes family love and spiritual life.
- Helps students realize God’s love for them and the blessings in the lives.
HERE IS SOME MORE INFORMATION ON GOD'S CHILDREN SING
- Each semester is 15 weeks
- There are three semesters in a year combining songs/activities for the four Family Packets
Helpful Suggestions to Parents:
- Please keep food, drinks, toys, and other distractions in the car or hidden from view
- Try to make bathroom stops before class begins
- You can reinforce the information learned in class by discussing and doing the suggested activities in the Family Packets together at home
- Please silence cell phones during class if you are a parent helper
- If you are outside the room, please do not get caught looking through the window, as this sometimes makes students upset (not just your own child). We will come get you if your child needs you or is upset for a prolonged period.
- If your child becomes upset or disruptive, it is a good idea to get a drink or take a short walk (but do try to return when he/she is ready)
- There is a $15 Registration Fee per child which lasts for the Fall-Fall school year
- Tuition: 15 weeks x $10 = $150
- There is also a $30 discount for families that have 2 siblings enrolled in class and a $45 discount for families with 3 siblings enrolled, etc.
- Student visitors (friends and/or relatives) are welcome to attend classes at any time; they can pay just for the class that they attend. Please call Jennifer ahead of time to schedule visitors.
- Tuition and registration fees are nonrefundable except in the cases of extreme illness or out-of-state moves
- You are welcome to do a makeup class in one of the other God’s Children Sing or Cycle of Seasons sections, but please call the teacher of that class several days in advance
- Makeup classes should be done during the same semester as the missed class
Family Packets and Instruments:
- Each God’s Children Sing Family Packets includes:
1) Tape or CD with the songs/activities from class
2) Parent Booklet with song lyrics, poems, fingerplays, prayers, Bible stories,
and activities included for that recording, etc.
3) Eight laminated animal pictures (animal sounds are on the tape/CD) or
4) Colorful handmade pouch to hold Family Packet items
- Buying the Musikgarten Family Packets is optional; however, I have found that children who are exposed to the songs/activities more often tend to learn more and participate better in class
- Parent Booklets are a wonderful resource for parents who are looking for educational and fun things to do with their children
- Children love to listen to the activities/songs in bed, in the car, and during playtime
- There are four God’s Children Sing Family Packets: “God, My Family, and Me,” “God’s Wonderful World,” “Friends in God’s World,” and “Friends of Jesus”
- Musikgarten also sells drums, rattles, jingles, rhythm sticks, sandblocks, glockenspiels, Chinese bells, finger cymbals, scarves, and T-shirts, etc. that may be purchased at any time